Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Anthony the Drama King

Medieval torture device, known now as a bike trailer

Oh son. Son, son, son. Your shiny smile, inquizzitive personality, and sweet little voice just make our hearts go pitter-patter. But sometimes, I just have to tell ya, you are a DRAMA KING! I know it runs through both families but don't let it get the best of you! Fight the power!

Tuesday, we went over to my friend Shannon's house for our weekly playdate. Since it actually wasn't raining, we decided to take the kiddies to the pool. Usually we jog to the pool, but I didn't bring my jogging stroller because I was driving the smaller car and it doesn't fit in the back. So, Shannon suggested we take the bikes instead. What a great idea, says I, since I don't bike very often I was excited. She has the ancient medieval torture device shown above attached to her bike. She loads up her son, Chase, who's obviously quite used to it and sits quietly. Then, it's Anthony's turn to get in.

He was resistant, but I figured if we could just get him in there and get going, he'd like it. No such luck! I tried three separate times to get him in, and he SCREAMED bloody murder each time. We finally got him strapped in, all the while he continued to wail, and then he started contorting his body around trying to get loose, to the point he was turned around completely backwards and tangled in the arm straps. By this point he was really panicked, and I really can't blame him then. I got him loose, picked him up and tried to comfort him, but he continued to cry and cry, tears running down his face and snot running out of his nose. I put him the car and just drove him to the pool, and though he was better once we were there, he never really recovered. Though I doubt I scarred my child for life, I scarred him for a good six hours at least!

It's funny because I had thought about buying one of these bike trailers. Glad I didn't waste the money! I guess we can try a bike seat that attachs onto the adult bike when it cools down. Adam was really surprised he reacted that way too because he doesn't mind his stroller and loves to ride in his little car. Sometimes, my kid is just weird!

Chantel

No comments: