Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Big Boy Food

Anthony sampling more adult fare


My extraordinary son has finally decided what the rest of us already knew: baby food is nasty! Now he has suddenly become open to trying out a new array of big-people delicasies. It started while we were in Atlanta; a trip to the Macaroni Grill resulted in Anthony chowing down on spaghetti with garlic and olive oil (sprinkled with a few red pepper flakes which amusingly made the dish too spicy for Grandma but just right for the one year old!). Since then, he's tried and liked popcorn shrimp, fish, Adam's "Italian Stallion stew" (raviolio, tomatoes, zucchini, and squash), among other things. Last night we took him to Moe's. I ordered him a side order of rice and beans topped with tomatoes. Again, he chowed down.

Since he's starting eating big boy food he's become SO much better at the dinner table too. He sits nicely, doesn't cry or pitch fits or do any of the other things he used to do to annoy us at dinner. We used to eat as quickly as possible in order to avoid the dinner meltdown; now we can sit back and enjoy, while Anthony happily munches the same food we're eating.

What a huge breakthrough! This child is now 100% perfect.

Didn't run yesterday. Adam and I were going to go to the gym and let Anthony hang out in their childcare center (another big breakthrough last week-- he spent 35 minutes in the childcare center while we worked out and didn't mind a bit!), but I was grumpy due to Aunt Flo and had ran both days before. Tonight I teach at the gym, so I'll get my workout in then, and tomorrow we'll try the gym again. I do hate running on the treadmills. I try to make it more interesting by adding the hill intervals, but 30 minutes feels like an hour when you're running in place.

Big meeting with the YMCA tomorrow for Baby Boot Camp. I'm super excited and nervous. I really want this to work!! I think it'll be huge exposure to me to be a part of this YMCA.


In Health,

Chantel

No comments: