Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Game on!

I felt the need to blog about our latest family obsession... SCRABBLE! Oh yeah, the good old fashion spell-words-with-tiles game you remember as a kid. Sheramy bought a travel version on a whim one day, hoping I'd play with her. I have many fond memories growing up of my mom and neighbor/babysitter Diana sitting with their perm rods in their hair and playing Scrabble for hours, so natually, I was "game".

Enter the obsession.

Adam, who claims to hate Scrabble because he can't spell, decided to humor us by jumping in on the game. Little did we know he must've minored in Scrabble playing in college. Of the half dozen times we've played, Adam's won 2/3 of the time. Yes, it bothers me and Sheramy to no end. After all, we're the ones with the completed Advanced Degrees (spell boy's degree is in progress) AND he's the one who said he's lousy at it. W-H-A-T-E-V-E-R!

So my mother in law is visiting this week, and we decided to draw her into our circle of game playing madness. First night, she comes out shooting and rakes Adam and I through the coals. Last night though, the Scrabble gods shined down upon me. I started out the game with a 7 letter word and was unstoppable to a high of 258 points. BOOYAH! I was getting a little sick of losing, so my interest is repeaked. GAME ON!

Chris is here taking care of Anthony while his regular sitter Erica is on vacation. As I give him a kiss and head out in the mornings, I'm so happy knowing only a few more weeks left and he'll be with me. It's hard saying goodbye to your child in the mornings, knowing someone else gets to be with him all day. He's growing so fast, and I don't want to miss any of it.

Speaking of Baby Boot Camp, happy to report I solidified the YMCA as a location this morning. They are as excited about the program as I am. It's a load off my mind to know I have a good location set that will be able to bring me in lots of marketing and advertising.

Chugging right along... Grand Opening is set for September 8th!
In Health,
Chantel


No comments: