Monday, July 14, 2008

Finding our Groove Thang

This weekend Anthony found his groove. It was absolutely hilarious... Sheramy was over, and we were singing an old 80's song called "Chains of Love" by Erasure. Apparently it inspired Anthony's inner dance god, because suddenly he started dancing to our off tune music, bouncing his knees up and down, getting down! We kept singing so I could capture the moment on video... check it out here: http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc190/cdimuzio/Videos/?action=view&current=dancing3.flv

These are the moments that make having a one year old priceless! We've also taught him to do some chores, as evidenced by the photo. Ok, just kidding, I don't have my one year old doing chores (yet)-- he willingly and wantingly grabs the broom and sweeps the floor. It's become one of his favorite things to do. Let's just hope that doesn't change!
So while Anthony was finding his groove to old 80's hits, I've been trying to get back into the mindset of Running Rules like I had after the half marathon. I've just been so unmotivated lately. It must be the heat. It's hard to be motivated to get outside when you know you're going to sweat two gallons by the end. Plus, I like running in the afternoon, and this heat makes that impossible. Treadmills are just BORING, though it's been good for me to adjust the incline and get some hill training in. Yesterday I did a 3 mile treadmill run in under 30 minutes, adjusting the incline from 1% up to 6%. I actually love the hill climbs, when I feel myself sliding to the back of the treadmill and huffing and puffing to keep from flying off the back... exhilarating! Yeah, I'm a weirdo, I know.
Got out with Erin for a 3 mile run at 7:00am this morning. Had to visit the facilities the whole time, so I was running with purpose to get back home. All in all not a bad run, but I was in a dead sleep when the dang alarm clock went off this morning, and thank goodness having a running partner is keeping me honest. I so would not have gotten out of bed otherwise!
Running diary this week:
6.25 mi Friday
3 mi treadmill w/varying inclines Sunday
3 mi Monday
In Health,
Chantel

No comments: