Monday, July 28, 2008

Searching for my rhythm

Mileage totals for the past two days:
Sunday- 5 miles, ON THE TREADMILL thank you very much! Oh it was boring agony on a Sunday afternoon when nothing's on the gym tv's to be plodding along for 49 minutes... but it did help to look around and see out of the dozen or so people there, I was the ONLY GIRL!

Monday A.M.- 4.5 miles. Oh yeah, after a week of avoiding morning runs I got out there with Erin this morning at 6:45am and conquered 4.5 miles. My legs were tired from yesterday's run and the humidity was fierce, but we made it.

Now that it's almost August I really gotta start getting into a regular running schedule again so I'm used to it when training starts in September. This summer I've been pretty loosey-goosey, going when I felt like it with the knowledge that I can run 6-7 miles as a long run right now, which is all I need to be able to do to start marathon training.

If I'd known I was going to be quitting my job and starting a new business, I probably wouldn't have signed up for the marathon, but I'm committed now and actually, awful glad I am. Starting the business would've just been one more reason to put off running a marathon and likely, it would've never happened. Adam and I are talking about getting pregnant again next year, and though there's nothing to say I can't run a marathon after another baby and having two little ones to handle, now is the much better time!

In Health,
Chantel

1 comment:

MiMi said...

Just keep running,just keep running
Remember how much you love it when
you cross that finish line!Mom