Thursday, October 16, 2008

Double Digits

It's all uphill from here! We covered our first 10 mile distance last week, my first since the half marathon last January! To the point of no return now... all double digits from here, let's just hope I can stay healthy and keep my body injury free.

I'm so incredibly stoked that I have five of my students training for their first 5K in December. I'm doing our first group training run in a couple of weeks. None of them have ever run in a road race before... are they about to get the jolt of their lives! Hard to believe my first road race was only a few years ago, the Gasparilla 5K. The energy, the excitement, the crowd, the sense of accomplishment-- needless to say, I was hooked. I took a hiatus for pregnancy but when I decided to come roaring back, I did it and then some. If you'd told me after that first 5K that I'd be training for a marathon three years later, I'd have said you were high on something besides runner's endorphins!

Man, did I mention how freaking HUNGRY I am since I started teaching classes 5 days a week and running over 20 miles a week? I'm a never ending bottomless garbage disposal! I can only imagine how much worse it's going to get as the training mileage goes up. All the time I'm like a caveman, ME HUNGRY! NEED FOOD NOW! Two hours will pass and then it'll be rearing up again. If I keep on this pace I may be serving up Anthony and Adam with a side of rice by time January rolls around! The funny thing is though I can tell I'm still toning though I'm trying to maintain my weight by putting back in the calories I'm burning. Most of my clothes are getting loser. I guess it's a good problem to have and I should just shut up about it.

My super-smart kid knows numbers 1-10 and can name off pretty much all of his alphabet. Totally amazing.

Until later... don't get in my way, less I EAT YOU! Time for some chocolate ice cream!



No comments: