Monday, September 22, 2008

Gotta Do More, Gotta Be More!

Then I saw the congo creeping through the black...

Anyone who gets that reference get an A in my book.

Well starting week 3 of Baby Boot Camp, I realized I gotta do more, gotta be more. After the initial surge of the Grand Openings, new student interest has leveled off. I've gotta get some more people in the door. I love the students I have now; I just need to find about 10-15 more just like them! I've asked one of my most motivated students to become my "marketing mom"-- she has a sales background, and obviously loves the classes, so in exchange for a discount and some commissions she's going to blanket the town with my flyers and brochures, and talk it up to everyone she meets. I think she'll do well with it and I'm excited to have the extra help. I've also ordered 50 more yard signs from dirtcheapsigns.com, and those will be hitting the utility poles as soon as I get them!

Gotta be more... I'm working on new exercises for class and keeping things lively and interesting. I don't want anyone getting bored or feeling the class is repetitive. I'm also working on different types of activities, like a group 5K. All of this stemmed from me falling in love with running, and setting goals for myself. Now I have other moms that want to try to run the Brandon 5K in December and do better for themselves. It makes me happy that I am instrumental in that happening.

Tomorrow I have an interview for a part-time job with Inlingua Language Centers. I don't know if it'll pan out or not, but I figure some additional part time income couldn't hurt while I get this up and running. I did enjoy teaching ESL so maybe there's something good there, we shall see.

10 miles on the week already... 7 on Saturday and 3 yesterday. Booyah! Running Tuesday and Thursday this week, should be at 17 miles for the week by time Friday rolls around. This weekend I've got a 9 miler scheduled... my first since Gasparilla in February!




No comments: