Monday, March 10, 2008

Down, but not out

Update on the last entry-- the leg problem was tendonitis, not a fracture, which was good news BUT the doc still recommended I stay off of it (no running at all) for at least 3 weeks. So after 3 weeks of elliptical gliding and biking, I finally took my first short run on it yesterday. The run was great, no pain at all, and though I felt sluggish I think I could easily be back to my former glory. I'm going to take it easy though and NOT push it, though I really want nothing more than to go out there and blaze 6-7 miles. I'm going to wait two more days before I run again, and it will be for another 3 miler. This morning I woke up with a little pain/twinge in the leg, but it quickly departed after I was up for awhile.

Now I'm just really worried that when I start upping the mileage again, the pain will come back. I'm trying everything different I can think of doing... running on the pavement instead of the sidewalk, wrapping my leg with an ace bandage, wearing an arch support pad. This has been so frustrating all around! I hope it goes away and stays away!

No comments: