Monday, January 5, 2009

Less than a week to go!

I can't believe it's less than a week until the marathon! I started planning for this very shortly after completing the half marathon last year, and here I am, about to embark on the great journey! Lots of things to worry about this week--drinking plenty of water, getting my fruits and veggies in (especially my Vit. C!), not getting a last minute injury, and staying healthy. My parents arrive on Thursday, and Saturday together with them and Sheramy, Anthony, Adam, and I will head to Orlando.

One thing I did this past week was ask my family and close friends for song suggestions for my iPod. I wanted a little piece of all my favorite people with me as run the long road, so that when I'm feeling the most tired and defeated, I'll remember the people I love to propel me through. I'm even going to put one of Anthony's favorite songs on there-- "Calling All Movers" by the Imagination Movers. That song makes me laugh because I think of him running around like crazy whenever it comes on. I'll think of him, and Adam, and my family waiting for me on the other end of the 26.2, and that will help me run like Forrest Gump!

On a side note, Adam just pulled Biscotti from where she was hanging on the screen of our porch. Last night we saw "Marley and Me" in the theater, the story of "the world's worst dog". Now, in our best Owen Wilson voices, we call Miss Scotti "the world's worst cat".


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Biscotti's a hottie Biscotti's a hottie, Biscotti is a hottie kitty cat. Meow Meow Meow...

Maybe if you sing her theme song often she will become the worlds best cat. Or in her case maybe not.... Just joking.

ONLY 4 MORE DAYS!!! You are going to be GREAT.

MiMi said...

Mom says "Run,Chantel,Run"! I am very
excited to see my girl cross the finish line. And so proud of you!

On the"worst cat in the world" title,
I beg to differ on that, you know
Dad's Scooter is actually "the worst
cat in the world", Biscotti is a sweet cat next to him!!!