Wednesday, January 16, 2008

311 Days to Go


Last Saturday, January 12th, 2008, I completed the Disney Half Marathon. Two days later, I decided I wanted to go for the ultimate goal-- to run the full marathon in 2009. I've fully committed myself to the idea, now I just need to put my training in an effective holding pattern until late August, when I'll kick in the marathon training into full gear.
I already feel excited and anxious to embark on this marathon journey. Unlike the self doubt I had prior to going into the half marathon, I believe I can do the full marathon now. I know I have the mental stamina to make it through the training and through the race itself, so as long as I stick to a good training schedule, I'll have the physical down pat as well. I didn't realize until I ran the race this past Saturday what having this kind of goal did to enhance my life. I feel strong and full of confidence, as if there were very little I couldn't do if I put my mind to it. It's an amazing feeling, and I want to keep making these types of goals for myself. It's more than just running a race; it's a life changing event.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go Cookie Go! I'll be at the finish line cheering you on!